- Practice writing with detail to develop characterization
- Work on identifying prepositional phrases
- Begin background research on Asperger's Syndrome to prepare for our reading of Curious Incident
- Writer's Notebook: choose a slip of paper with an emotion on it. In your writer's notebook, write a short scene that describes a situation in which you or someone you know experienced this emotion. Be sure to zoom in on specific details that show what a person looks/sounds/acts like who might be experiencing this emotion.
- Click on the following link to open a google doc that we will complete together to practice identifying prepositional phrases. Make a copy in your English folder. https://docs.google.com/a/rsu5.org/document/d/1eyu7tQJtVYDm5HM8YtbGiVU1zmcGoem88aNfPK-b_hE/edit
- In groups, we will be doing some background research on Aperger's Syndrome. Here is a link to the activity: https://docs.google.com/a/rsu5.org/document/d/12VJngNz9M8rFQ1QmwvDdPgbWRxJllN2mjn7AsGe9dO4/edit
- Please copy this document in your English folder and complete with a partner.
HW: Read pages 1-32 in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Also, if you have not yet posted writing goals for the year to your blog, please do so before next class!