1. In your writer's notebooks write about two characters- one character must be oblivious to an emotion the other character is feeling.
2. More preposition practice!
3. Continue working in pairs on autism research. We will be discussing your findings as a class.
4. We will be watching a Ted Talk given by Temple Grandin. Grandin is a doctor of animal science, author, professor, and an advocate for autism awareness. After we watch the Ted Talk, we will be discussing the following:
- How is an autistic brain different from a regular brain in terms of thinking?
- What kind of thinker is Christopher? Visual, patterns, verbal? How do you know?
- What does she say in this talk that reminds you of Christopher?
5. Book discussion: In reading groups, ask one question (cite a specific passage from last night's reading) and make one prediction.
HW: Quiz on prepositions next class and read to page 61