2. Intro to Personal Writing
What is a personal narrative?
What is a memoir?
3. Group work: Question the Author
You will read an essay in a group and then identify the following:
- What is the author's focused purpose? (What is the author trying to say here?)
- Identify which supporting details in the essay most effectively contribute to the author's purpose.
Groups will then read their essays to the class and discuss the purpose of the essay and the supporting details that contribute to the purpose
4. Writer's Notebook: Personal Writing Prompts